How to Choose Recessed Lighting: Downlighting, Types, Trims, & More.
One More Reason To Skip Recessed Lighting Altogether.
Interior: Fantastic Recessed Lighting Ideas With White Fireplace For White Livi… | Recessed lighting living room, Family room lighting, Paint colors for living room.
LED Recessed Lighting--5 THINGS TO KNOW!! (Can Lights/Downlights/Recessed Lights)
Amazon Affiliate Links:
Torchstar 12-pack Recessed Dimmable:
Torchstar 6-pack Recessed Dimmable:
Sunco 4-pack Dimmable:
(These are affiliate links. When you shop through these links, we receive a small commission at NO EXTRA CHARGE TO YOU. We greatly appreciate the support!)
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM:
FOLLOW US ON LINKEDIN:
LED lights have changed the recessed/can lighting market. This video from The Honest Carpenter will show you 5 THINGS TO KNOW about LED recessed lights!
We would like to thank Harrison Peacock for helping us make this video. Harrison's company, CCS TRIANGLE ELECTRICAL SERVICES, is a great electrical company in the Raleigh/Cary/Durham/Chapel Hill area. To contact them, just see their links below:
CCS TRIANGLE ELECTRICAL SERVICES
4501 Rockwood Drive
Raleigh, NC 27612
LED RECESSED LIGHTS--5 THINGS TO KNOW:
1. COLOR TEMPERATURE MATTERS--LED lights produce color in a far wider range than incandescent bulbs. When you buy LEDs be sure to check their package Bulbs in the 3000k range produce yellowish light. LED bulbs in the 4000-5000k range produce far whiter or even bluish light. Light color can interact adversely with the paint color on your walls!
2. USE DIMMER SWITCHES--Many people feel that LED recessed lights are too bright. So, it's often a good idea to install them on dimmer switches. But remember: light is produced differently in an LED bulb, and they work on a far lower wattage. For this reason, they don't always work well with typical dimmer switches. You'll most likely want to install them on CL DIMMER SWITCHES.
3. SPACING IS IMPORTANT: Harrison and CCS TRIANGLE ELECTRIC feel that LED recessed lights should rarely be spaced more than 4' apart in a linear path. This helps blanket the room with light. Also, lights should rarely be closer to a wall than 2'. This helps create Wall Washing--effective light coverage of the wall.
4. INCREASED MOBILITY--With the invention of ultra-thin LED recessed fixtures, can lights can now go almost anywhere, including directly beneath framing obstructions.
5. GADGETS GALORE!--LED recessed lights are now incorporating more gadgets, including built-in blue tooth speakers. These units are pricey, but they are very easy to retrofit.
Thank you for watching the video!
Be sure to visit us at The Honest Carpenter website:
Interior: Fantastic Recessed Lighting Ideas With White Fireplace For White Livi… | Recessed lighting living room, Family room lighting, Paint colors for living room
How to Lay Out Recessed Lighting.
Recessed Lighting for Living Rooms » Residence Style.
The 101 on Recessed Lighting: Part 1 - Lightology.